Thursday, July 07, 2005

Whose war is it

Last night I slept with overdose of London's joy .....
this morning also the news kept going on about it ....
for me the day was full of my problems as usual...
whole day kept going around with my colleagues trying to find the silver linings thru this murky cloud of my problems...

came home all weary and down....looking for solace on TV screen..
flipping channels... came across breaking on CNN news.... London bomb blasts...
our system is so immune these days.. that it didn't register the shock at first...
I flipped the channel... was on MTV... where Shahrukh Khan was being interviewed by equally boisterous Cyrus....
then I again flipped channel to BBC casually to see what actually happened...
and then the horror of the news unfolded.... it was series of blasts ...
looked like 9/11 all over again ... just that it was carried out on the ground...
and 33 people had paid the price of being at the wrong place at the wrong time..
33 people were made part of a statement of one side on the other in this insane war
I just cant understand this war and its warriors....
why ??? why ??
who is fighting who ? in this proxy war ... casualties are like just another score by one side on the other .....
this has got to stop.....before walls go up again ...and we start caging ourself against each other....

........................
.......................

my silent prayers go to all those who lost their lives...and hope that god (theirs or ours...) would guide his flock to its senses....